Here's my quest... a 90% failure:
- Stage 1: 2nd hand Blackberry Curve 8350 for HKD 1000. Since I gave back my Blackberry to Bain, and BBs have the best QWERTY keyboards, Yahoo Auction served its purpose
- Stage 2: Cheap phone/data plan from TDML for HKD 600 (6 month contract). Well, I've worked for telco clients and TDML is the best value. For only USD13 a month, I get 1,200 minutes and 1,000 MB. Deal!
- Stage 3: Research time! I can salvage the situation with China Mobile's Blackberry plan for HKD 80 a month...
- Stage 4: Another 2nd hand Blackberry 8310 for HKD 500. While trying to contact the original seller via Yahoo Auctions, my friend KC has a spare one to sell
- Stage 5: With a "fixed phone", I finally got the China Mobile plan for HKD 1000 (12-month plan). This includes all PUSH email and no browsing
- Stage 6: According to the 3rd sales rep, I can add a HKD 98 monthly plan to get browsing!
So... after HKD 1500 in TWO phones and HKD 1600 in TWO mobile plans, I'm still can't get my Sync to work... and I'm looking at another HKD 1200 to get what I want. UGH.
Well, on the brighter side, had I bought a new BB with a new plan with more minutes and more data, it would still cost me more.
But the trouble is too much already. And I'm commited to more trouble! UGH!