Count

1/22/2010

Results are in - quest for mobile data

I compromised (See what being cheap means: lost time and efforts... and sanity at times). In the end, I decided even with no synching of contacts and calendars, I got what I want... which was emails and IM.

So here are the results (all unit in HKD):
  • $1000 2nd hand blackberry phone on $13 monthly plan for 6 months; includes enough voice and data (will try to borrow phone that can browse internet from friend)
  • $500 2nd hand blackberry phone on $12 monthly plan for 12 months; includes unlimited emails and IM (eventually will add voice/data and replace the aforementioned 6 month plan)
I was being cheap... damn I miss a salary from Bain!

3 comments:

Justin said...

Where did you purchase your 2nd hand BB phones? I'm looking for an old one that has 3G.

Josekin said...

Yahoo Auction

Justin said...

Thanks!

I'm looking at a used 8707g for exclusive use in Japan and Korea. Still not sure if this is a great idea. I could spurge and get a Bold 9700, but on second thought, no.