Count

4/19/2010

There will be Blood (Movie, don't worry)

Watched There will be Blood (IMDB) last night. I remember watching the 2007 Oscars and being totally bored because I didn't see much of the movies. But then the Oscars intrigued a little me so I watched "No Country for Old Men" on a plane ride (See review). I also wanted to watch There will be Blood so I waited three years to do that. haha.

Much less complicated than Old Man, Blood tells of a story of a the self-made man on his way to his fortunes, and the trail of bodies he left behind. On the surface, it's a story of the struggle between money and faith. Dig a bit deeper and I think it's really about the sacrifices one makes in pursuit of one's destiny, as in self made destiny (oxymoron?). The final 5 minutes is a classic must see and I couldn't have enjoyed it more... it was one of those moments where you watch a movie and you think, "ah, the world is right". Yup, now you have to watch it till the end! heh heh.

As usual, money wins over everything else.

Daniel Day-Lewis, by the way, came out of nowhere to give a classic performance as our "hero". Really mastered the role. His voice was especially good... somewhat close to (gasp) Sean Connery.

Dwayne from Little Miss Sunshine was the typical "I remember that face... where did I see him" actor that captures my mind for half the movie until I figured it out. He did okay as a over zealous priest.

Anyway, the movie was pretty good I thought, but for some strange sound editing. It is really odd that a good movie would be shadowed by its sound effects... maybe it was supposed to build some emotion for the audience. I just felt bothered and, frankly, annoyed at the sounds in the movie. Other than that, it is a good movie.

Recommended. Especially the last 5 minutes.

4 comments:

shmoo said...

I definitely preferred No Country for Old Men, so I was glad that won best picture, but DDL definitely deserved his second Best Actor win.

The Pretender said...

I
DRINK
YOUR
MILKSHAKE

What do you mean by "Daniel Day Lewis... came out of nowhere..."?

You do know who he is and his history as an actor, right?

Justin said...

Do you like Oakley sunglasses? I think the answer is yes. May be you also love D&G sunglasses. Top quality abercrombie and fitch outlet is also your choice.

Unknown said...

Since 1920 Adidas has been nike air max working on perfecting the best Air Max LTD sport shoe available and concentrating Air Max 2009 on manufacturing a running shoe Air Max 360 that minimizes athletic injuries. In Air Max 90 the beginning Adi Dessler had Air Max 95 no electricity or machinery and adidas shoes no real work place to adidas outlet speak of, so he created spyder jacket hand made leather training shoes spyder ski wear from his mothers bathroom. His ski clothing first pair of training shoes were developed for track and field.