10. waitresses calling you honey
9. great beer collection
8. flip flops
6. blue skies... oh wait, since I thought this, Miami has been cloudy... WTF!?
By the way, BIG BIG BIG kudos to the new Cathay inflight entertainment. Basically, it's an on-Demand system with a 12-inch screen. The movies weren't top-notch, but did include two academy-worthy movies, Juno and No Country for Old Men. There were also episodes of CSI: New York, Heroes, etc.
I watched No Country for Old Men. Very violent. Intense throughout. Excellent movie... though I can't really pinpoint why. There was a vague point about making choices in life, as opposed to life making choices. It was one of those things that was crystal clear during the movie, getting murky towards the end, and Tommy Lee's last speech just confused everything. (The only thing I do remember is the gas station bet) Couple of thoughts:
- I won't flip the coin unless you tell me the W and L. I can run multiple models in my head to determine whether there is an expected positive return.
- I will flip only if the terms can be measured. Life, for example, cannot be measured.
- Don't talk to strangers (laugh)
Breakfast time. Hopefully Miami will have some sunshine today.