Count

7/08/2006

Boring entry...?

I'm sure you've heard about the Pepsi Coke secret debacle. Here's one look at it from the economists' (read: U of Chicago) point of view. Couldn't agree more.

Anyway, a little recap of my week. It’s been relatively busy at work, mostly because I’m trying to catch up to my team rather than piles of work or real urgency. Anyway, I made my first presentation to the client on Friday. It went smooth, though there were a few points I could improve on. I did feel like I was auditing for my own job… and that feeling was scary.

It’s hard to balance life between work and family. Given that I live right next to my office, it doesn’t make sense to go back to my parents and have dinner there. Also, my times are so unpredictable that I feel bad asking people to wait for me for dinner when I might eventually have to say no, sorry, I can’t come. It’s happened twice already. Hopefully I can settle into a rhythm (love this word for hangman) next week.

I haven’t had time to reply to all the emails I’ve been getting. Not that there’s a lot, but some of my HK friends are asking for me. I haven’t been real diligent in keeping them updated. Truth is, by the time I get back from work, I need to attend to some personal matters and no longer have enough time or energy to reply emails.

I promise I will change this next week and for the rest of the summer.

Last night, went to LKF with an old friend of mine. We had to line up for a club and the bouncer wouldn’t let us in because we had more than what was indicated on the guest list. This really reminds me of my old Boston clubbing days. Fed up, I went to get a cold beer at an adjacent bar. And then another (I was told that we can enter the club once “someone arrives”)… I had a good conversation with my old friend, putting life in a bit of perspective. I swear, this clubbing scene is not for me anymore. Most of the patrons of the aforementioned club are boys and girls in their late teens or early twenties. They flash their parents’ cash at all directions, speak in perfect American English and wear really tight shirts. Ugh.

I went home at 2:30am.

No comments: