Count

1/14/2006

Plan B

Plan B is sort of the antithesis to MBA students. "Plan B!? What are you talking about? I'm an MBA and I have Plan A." Yet here I am, sitting in the library, finally coming to my senses: it's time to draft a Plan B. Yes, my peers a year older have warned me (us, really) about getting a plan B ready. Yes, I (we) knew they were right. No, I did not listen.

I've heard the usual "don't put all your eggs in one basket" advice. Personally, I think most people do put all their eggs in one basket. I mean, seriously, who wouldn't during an MBA? Especially since spreading oneself between several career tracks is quite detrimental! If I had to look at banking and consulting, I might as well cut the toilet time (I prefer sleeping, so bathroom time has got to go first).

But you and I all know that when we go all-out for something, there's a darker figure lurking behind. Every now and then you feel the figure, take a quick look back, and keep moving on. But it's right there behind you. It's not bad, it's just that you don't want to face it and loose sight of what is in your path. But hey, now that the road is closed, I just have to turn back a little and start a Plan B.

There. I said it. I have a Plan B. Well. I will have a Plan B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your plan B is, come to Vancouver and be my wedding photographer. haha