Count

6/17/2007

More bad luck!?

Is it even possible after day 1 and day 3?

Worse, no. Bad luck, yes! On my birthday, aka day 4 of my so far hellish (negativity dominance, slowly evolving into my favorite bias!) Peru trip:
  • face plant on the streets of Lima - ouch
  • jacket stolen at a night club, I think - may retrieve today
On the bright side:
  • used something from P&I class - by stating that I have no money, the merchant gave me an automatic discount and then some more discounts on my purchase of a bag
  • sorted out my flights due to the disruption
  • decided to do some handgliding, with or without the camera
  • met some awesome folks in the hostel
  • blah blah blah
I have replaced my camera through the almighty Ebay. D80 and a 18-200 VR lens, courtesy of a great review and photography website by Ken Rockwell. I'm convinced this may be the ONLY lens I will need. I may need an extra macro lens for food shots, and an ultra wide angle for building and indoor shots. But for now, this will have to do.

1 comment:

shmoo said...

Are you contagious?