Count

7/04/2007

Goodbye, America!



Feel like that eagle... finally leaving.

I can't believe I am leaving for good. I have spent most (all?) of my adult life in the US. Boston, Chicago, and then homeless now. I've always thought about how I wanted to write this final post, and I finally came to a conclusion: I can't. In fact, I'm a bit speechless right now.

There's so much I want to blog about in the last month. Graduation, leaving Chicago, Peru, book reviews, movie reviews, food reviews, packing, moving out, LA & San Diego, Chicago restaurant recommendations, etc. Yet due to my own disorganization, I haven't had time to do any of this.

Anyway, so I figured that I should thank all who have crossed my life in the US for better or worse. CC, GA, CC, AC, WC, GN, TW, JL, GL, CM, FL, high school and my first touch with the USA. All those late night cooking will be remembered. Sanyo pots forever. BK, WL, PF, AT, CN & C, Anger, thanks for a great time at Tufts. Our Hill Hall dorm room cannot be beat. AT, if you don't have a bachelor party, there will be wrath upon you. CP, thanks for always being there through good and bad. We're all better at analyzing other people's situation. GN, TW & MC, Vincci, Vivian, professional Boston would never be the same without you guys. EK, MV, AL, RK, RM, and the other AG folks... I wish I could be back at AG - just open an office in Hong Kong!

And to my GSB buddies... Thank you, PNGF. SZ, I don't think business school would have been fun without you. PP, BSLW, and MK, I'm sorry I couldn't join you in Galapagos due to weak backbones. I'd travel with you guys again anytime (such as this summer). EK, HL, AS, OH, MC, and many others... you have all touched my life one way or the other (but mostly using me as a driver), thanks for the great ride conversations. Honestly, it made the ride to Hyde Park much more interesting.

I'm off to Copenhagen in about 30 hours... and yet I still find the time not enough to talk about my departure. Yes, it's a bit self centered... but hey, that's why I blog!

6 comments:

MZ said...

bon voyage! to you, to me and all friends...

shmoo said...

Have a great time in Europe!

Oh wait...

mkk said...

Bye Josekin! Haven't seen you around while you've been in Chicago... doing anything tomorrow? Would love to say bye in person. Hope you continue the blog and we will travel again together...

Eric Poupier said...

Goodbye Josekin, I will see you soon in whatever Bain event. Godspeed!
Eric P.

Anonymous said...

who is SZ ah?

Josekin said...

Who indeed!?