Count

8/11/2009

Journey to... home?

I can't believe I took the bus from New York to Boston. Even the "premium" greyhound was only $18. How can I not? I agree I am a bit too old for buses between cities, though I can't help but notice that the buses are getting nicer with more value added services (WIFI!). I might still take the bus back to New York. Anyway, point is, it really isn't a bad ride at all, whatever the price.

As the bus passed through Mass Pike towards the city, I start seeing memories. Framingham. Natick. Wellesley. 95. Newton. Brighton. Cambridge. And then we zoomed right pass Fenway Park. The game was about to start, as I saw several people gathering on top of the Green Monster. The bus parked at South Station and I made my way to the T. Red line towards Alewife. E line towards Heath Street. It was clockwork for me (the new "turnstiles" are awesome and a great improvement!). I even got on the "right" door so I would get off at Prudential right at the escalators. Did I say clockework? I got off the train and started up the escalators and it hit me: hey, I went to work like this four years ago! There's Cheesecake Factory... there's the Duck Tour booth... and there's the security guard (Same one!)...

My friend NP has started at AG after graduating fom Sloan. So I met up with her in the AG lobby. We proceeded to the kitchen to grab some free food and drinks, and then I made my rounds around the office, saying hi to all the people I still know from way back.

Ah the memories.

2 comments:

shmoo said...

NP started already? Has LZ (now LC)?

You'd think I'd be able to find this out for myself.

hedonist said...

Nice...makes me want to visit Boston too...