Truth is, nothing happened on April Fools. Not even an in-office prank. No tin foil action. No crazy stickies. I was told we need to cut cost and the tin foil joke (i.e. wrap an entire office in tin foil) was going to cost about HK$62.8... oh well.
I did, however, have the weirdest dream. Read on:
- There were definitely some preludes to the exciting part of the dream, but I can't remember them
- Anyway, in the dream, I was in a large resort with Bain undergoing corporate training of some sort...
- We were then asked to do some homework and submit it...
- The dream skips ahead: I'm done with my homework and it's on my laptop. I'm walking around the resort and trying to get back to the classroom... except that the resort is like a maze. I'm lost.
- Ah, there's the classroom door. The moment I walk in, I get an email from PNGF... she was involved in a plane crash but she's okay...
- Now, I'm in full panic mode... and then my instructor, AW (who in real life is a senior analyst whom I worked with many times), asks for my homework
- "What? I didn't print it out!? Fudge!"
- AW says "You must submit it now"
- I ignored her and wandered into the resort. Somehow, I think I can find PNGF there.
- Can't find PNGF - I'm heading back to the classroom.
- I pass by the gym... and there are a bunch of friends working out there. Friends from HK, from Boston, from Chicago, all working out there. Hmmm.
- There's a TV in the gym. Philippines president Arroyo is making an announcement about the plane crash - they're trying to reach the survivors. Me too me too!
- Finally, I get back to the classroom. AW rushes me for my homework.
- I ignored her again and turned to my partner NP (whom I'm working with now) and tell him about PNGF's accident and asked where I can find her
- NP says "I'm sorry to hear that... how's Charlie?" (Insider joke... some people call PNGF Charlie by mistake)
- Me: How do you know her name!?
- I turn around and there PNGF is, with her glasses, and she says "Happy April Fool's Day!"